Minnie Ruffin Elementary School promotes a commitment to excellence while fostering an environment that empowers each child to seek out character skills, knowledge and aptitudes necessary to make a positive impact in our community and ultimately the entire world. In order to accomplish this, we have set goals that explore each platform involved in educating the whole child.
- STUDENT ACHIEVEMENT: As a staff, we will support and actualize thorough perusing and composing over the educational program by concentrating on Common Core standards-aligned for grades K-8.
- COMMUNICATION: As a school, we will cultivate consistent open lines of correspondence between students, staff, and guardians.
- PARENT INVOLVEMENT: Staff will encourage a supportive relationship between school, parents, and the community that will effectively bolster school projects and exercises.
- LEARNING ENVIRONMENT: Staff will maintain an environment that is conducive to learning and social growth.
- TECHNOLOGY: We will remain current with technology that will support our students and can also be integrated into our curriculum.
- EXTRA-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES: Extra-curricular activities, sports and learning experiences will be available to all students.
- CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT: All staff will receive continuous training in all areas that relate to instruction.